We're looking for a computer savvy Archive Assistant to join our Marketing team. Reporting to the Archive Manager, this role will assist in processing all product imagery to publish in our quarterly new release catalogs and on the Robert Kaufman brand website. Primary responsibilities involve color correction and file management.
- Iron, scan and/or photograph fabric samples
- Color correct digital files to match actual fabric samples
- Upload and maintain images on brand website and Dropbox
- Maintain network archive of artwork and fabric images
- Import images from various media sources and prepare same for online use and archiving
- Provide support to internal departments and wholesale customers locating image files, processing to certain formatting specifications, and sending via Dropbox
- Organize files in archive on shared internal server
- Photoshop experience (Mac), with an understanding of color correction, layers, nondestructive editing methods, RGB values, spotting and retouching
- Organized, detail-oriented, and efficient with managing large quantities of files
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally within groups, with a variety of personalities
- Photography experience with DSLR camera, experience with strobe lighting a plus
- Experience with other Adobe applications (Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro) a plus
Please include a cover letter describing your Photoshop experience, including how many years you have used the application, as well as describing any experience you may have had in color correcting digital files to match actual objects or materials.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: John Pearson, Archive Manager at:
About Robert Kaufman
Founded in 1942, this Los Angeles-based fabric manufacturer wholesales to the home sewing retail and manufacturing markets, with customers including manufacturers of finished goods, such as apparel, bedding and accessories, and retail customers whose end-users comprise home apparel and craft sewers.
Robert Kaufman is a family-owned company, made up of a closely knit, strategic team. Our management has an unwavering commitment to the betterment of the company as a whole and as a product of the individual members who compose it. Robert Kaufman is known for initiating technical innovations to be a market leader and is recognized among the top three fabric manufacturers in terms of brand recognition and brand preference among sewing consumers.
Powered by Froala Editor