We are hiring!
We are hiring!
We are looking for a full time product photographer to join the Archive department and Marketing team at Robert Kaufman Fabrics. Reporting to the Archive Manager and Marketing Director, this person will photograph quilts, garments, projects, precuts, and styled compositions of a wide range of fabrics. Imagery will range from e-commerce product photography to styled products in outdoor settings. This position will be responsible for all post-production image editing including final color, any masking or clipping paths, and formatting for end use. This position will be cross-trained for digital imaging tasks, scanning and color correcting fabric and processing for the web, as part of the Archive department.
We are looking for a photographer who can take direction and creatively develop visual concepts that promote the Robert Kaufman Fabrics brand. Styling fabric compositions and using light to convey texture, weight, and finish of fabric will be an integral part of the job. Good communication skills are essential with the ability to discuss photography and lighting in easy to understand terms. This person must be a team player comfortable with feedback and with a knack for problem solving and resourcefulness. This position will be working independently in the on-site studio with opportunities to photograph outdoors or other settings. During the pandemic post-production will be split between home and office.
• Photograph quilts, garments, and projects in the studio creating flat e-commerce style images as well as styled images, occasionally garments will be modeled
• Photograph styled fabric samples
• Consult with Marketing Director about image needs
• Manage workload for quarterly release deadlines combined with ongoing marketing projects and needs
• Post production processing of all images providing color consistent high quality images, using clipping masks when applicable
• Organize and archive files for easy access by multiple departments for web and print usage
• Support Archive department with fabric scanning, color correction, and processing images for the web when needed
Requirements and qualifications:
• Submit a photography portfolio that demonstrates knowledge of styling and composition of products, strobe lighting, and post-production color correction and clipping paths.
As part of your cover letter please describe your photography background and experience.
Send cover letter, resume and portfolio to John Pearson at email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
To limit the spread of COVID-19, much of our office staff is working remotely as much as possible and provided equipment and remote access to do so. On-site visits to the office may be required to pick up or drop off fabric or to work in the photo studio.
About Robert Kaufman
Founded in 1942, this Los Angeles-based fabric manufacturer wholesales to the home sewing retail and manufacturing markets, with customers including manufacturers of finished goods, such as apparel, bedding and accessories, and retail customers whose end-users comprise home apparel and craft sewers.
Robert Kaufman is a family-owned company, made up of a closely knit, strategic team. Our management has an unwavering commitment to the betterment of the company as a whole and as a product of the individual members who compose it. Robert Kaufman is known for initiating technical innovations to be a market leader and is recognized among the top three fabric manufacturers in terms of brand recognition and brand preference among sewing consumers.