We are hiring!
Custom Merchandising Project Coordinator | Inside Sales Associate
We're looking for a Custom Merchandising Project Coordinator to join our Merchandising & Precut Product Development team to expand our in-house capabilities for project development tailored to meet the specific needs of key individual customers.
- Develop &/or source quilting & sewing project/pattern concepts to fit specific customers' needs.
- Develop and ensure accurate free quilt pattern instructions to fit a standardized format & layout, through a combination of managing outside contractors &/or in-house development.
- Manage technical information for kitted project patterns (review and identify yardage amounts needed for each fabric SKU within a kit, verifying SKU identification to match pattern fabric placement).
- Manage sample sewing with independent contractors.
- Coordinate finished project samples delivery to customers to meet specific deadlines.
- Assist with merchandising fabric collections into precut products.
- Conduct market research for innovations in product development strategy.
- Manage invoices from independent contractors.
- Potential for some travel to national and regional trade shows and events (< 5%).
- Potential for expanding into New Business Development role for key category.
- A strong understanding of the technical aspects of quilting &/or sewing (acute math skills)
- Strong Excel skills are a plus
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- A talent for styling, color and design.
- LA based - must be in house for access to our internal system and coordinating with the team.
- Strong organizational skills to handle overlapping deadlines and fabric availability and independent contractors' time management.
- Excellent communication skills to notify people of updates to deadlines, fabric availability, changes to patterns.
- Effective people management skills to meet deadlines with numerous outside vendors.
- Send your resume and cover letter to Allie Heath, Director of Merchandising & Precut Product Development: aheath [at] robertkaufman [dot] com
Robert Kaufman Fabrics, an established Los Angeles area fabric importer / converter seeks an inside sales associate for our manufacturing division, with a special focus on our Digital print division. Opportunities include sales to apparel manufacturers as well as new opportunities to establish national business in digital fabric printing for the apparel and home décor industries. Seeking self motivated candidates who work well in a creative and collaborative environment. Previous sales experience and industry contacts are desired but not a prerequisite. Base salary plus commission and benefits.
- Develop business with existing and new apparel and other sewn product industries accounts.
- Take a lead role in managing incoming digital printing orders; Coordinate order fulfillment between our customers, representatives, customer service and production.
- Assist in marketing of the digital printer internally with customer outreach and through other venues like trade shows, visiting customers etc.
- Cultivate new customers in the home décor market for our running fabric collections as well as our new digital printing capability.
- Provide feedback to product development and digital print technicians on the needs of customers, issues etc.
- LA / SoCal based
- Strong communication skills and comfort level w/cultivating / selling to customers
- Strong computer and organizational skills are key in helping to manage both orders internally, and your account base
- Some knowledge of fashion, textile production and digital printing would be great – but not a requirement.
- Ability to travel to customers and trade shows locally and nationally
About Robert Kaufman:
Founded in 1942, this Los Angeles-based fabric manufacturer wholesales to the home sewing retail and manufacturing markets, with customers including manufacturers of finished goods, such as apparel, bedding and accessories, and retail customers whose end-users comprise home apparel and craft sewers.
Robert Kaufman is a family-owned company, made up of a closely knit, strategic team. Our management has an unwavering commitment to the betterment of the company as a whole and as a product of the individual members who compose it. Robert Kaufman is known for initiating technical innovations to be a market leader and is recognized among the top three fabric manufacturers in terms of brand recognition and brand preference among sewing consumers.To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to digitalprintjobs [at] robertkaufman [dot] com Attn: Ron K.: Manufacturing Sales Manager