We are hiring!
We’re looking to hire a Media Relations Coordinator to be a proactive, enthusiastic ambassador of the Robert Kaufman brand and clearly communicate corporate messaging both internally and publicly.
- Define and execute our overall communications strategy, including regular measurement of perception and message resonance
- Manage Robert Kaufman's corporate social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Vine and our blog, swatchandstitch.com)
- Correspond with consumers and customers through our social channels, answering inquiries and networking alike
- Traditional media outreach, liaising with magazine editors as well as bloggers, book authors, suggesting fabrics to work with, facilitating fabric requests, etc.
- Strategize innovative campaigns/contests to run on social media to grow consumer interaction with and loyalty to the brand
- Serve as the information source for all media contacts requesting product info and corporate statements
- Track editorial coverage and ROI on editorial outreach and social media campaigns
- Market research - track textile industry trends and technology developments through social and traditional media
- Ad coordination - write ad copy, submit files, manage content schedule
- Strong writing skills are needed for writing product descriptions, ad copy, press releases, blog posts, and newsletter copy
- Strong organizational skills are a must to manage multiple overlapping content schedules, follow-through with editorial coverage and time-sensitive media correspondence
- Networking skills will help foster relationships with magazine editors, bloggers and other industry partners to garner broader editorial and cross-promotional brand exposure
- Clear communication skills are a must in order to effectively convey brand messaging, correctly supply information and navigate sensitive interactions with end-users
- Customer service expertise is a plus for managing inbound communications on corporate social channels from both wholesale customers and consumers alike, regarding the craft of quilting, product specs/performance, marketing content, etc.
- Quilting knowledge would be a plus, but a quick learner, who knows the right questions to ask, can succeed, too.
- Experience with social media and in-depth knowledge of the following platforms is required: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn (SquareSpace a plus)
- Graphic design skills a plus, but much of the graphic content is created elsewhere in the Marketing process and available as assets to use in any of the above described efforts
- Strong photography skills a plus, but writing skills are more important.
- Must be LA/SoCal based and able to work on-site in our LA office
About Robert Kaufman Fabrics
Designer fabrics for the creative sewist. Founded in 1942, this Los Angeles-based fabric manufacturer wholesales to the home sewing retail and manufacturing markets, with customers including manufacturers of finished goods, such as apparel, bedding and accessories, and retail customers whose end-users comprise home apparel and craft sewers.
Robert Kaufman is a family-owned company, made up of a closely knit, strategic team. We employ Lean Manufacturing tactics to cultivate an organization, which operates under a no-blame culture of constant improvements. Led by a visionary executive staff whose unwavering commitment to the betterment of the company as a whole and as a product of the individual members who compose it, Robert Kaufman is known for initiating technical innovations to be a market leader and is recognized among the top three fabric manufacturers in terms of brand recognition and brand preference among quilting consumers.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Marketing Director Kyle Sanchez at kyle [at] robertkaufman [dot] com.