We’re looking for an experienced Textile Artist/Stylist to join our fast paced private label division. As a Textile Stylist, you'll take the lead as you use your talent, skills and experience to help us achieve our visionary goals. Actively participate in creating print layouts for key retailers; Use trend ideas and inspiration to develop a clear perspective on looks for the brand; including colorway combinations that enhance textile designs each season. Use your artistic ability to edit and make changes to original designs that help make the final design more salable.
- Develop custom prints for select customers
- Create repeats and manage development process for prints on multiple fabric qualities from art to final production approval
- Communicate with artists, mills and internal team
- Maintain all files organized on server and prepare them for presentation
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites
- Experienced in color separation
- Experience with print development process from artwork to bulk printing is essential
- Capable of quickly manipulating design layouts and/or recoloring
- Efficient at color matching and creating on trend color stories
- Highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well independently and under deadlines with a keen ability to prioritize workload accordingly
- Must be LA based and able to work on-site full time, M-F. No exceptions.
- No entry level available. This is not a fashion design positon.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: Diana Pearl, Design/Merchandise Director at:
About Robert Kaufman
Founded in 1942, this Los Angeles-based fabric manufacturer wholesales to the home sewing retail and manufacturing markets, with customers including manufacturers of finished goods, such as apparel, bedding and accessories, and retail customers whose end-users comprise home apparel and craft sewers.
Robert Kaufman is a family-owned company, made up of a closely knit, strategic team. Our management has an unwavering commitment to the betterment of the company as a whole and as a product of the individual members who compose it. Robert Kaufman is known for initiating technical innovations to be a market leader and is recognized among the top three fabric manufacturers in terms of brand recognition and brand preference among sewing consumers.